Quality Oak Casks. Produce the Finest Ferments.
Kombucha Tea, Ginger Beer, Japanese Water Crystals, California Bees, Tibicos, Water Kefir, Vinegar, Cider, Wine, Beer, or Whiskey or your own special brew. Everything is simply better brewed or aged in wood barrels.
Comes with cloth cover, choice of spigot, sterilizing and conditioning tablets, optional cork, wood cover, or cloth and extra large rubber band. Includes our HappyHerbalist's Continuous Brewing Guide. Full support and satisfaction guaranteed.
Barrel shown with our logo (ships without logo)
Sizes of our Barrels and Brewing Capacity.
5 liter (1 1/3 Gallon) measures 8 x 8 x 11 High
Brewing Capacity (leaving 2 inches from the top) 150 ounces (~ 1 1/5 Gal)
produces 16 - 31 ounces daily
10 liter (2 1/2 Gallon) measures 10 x 10 x 12 High
Brewing Capacity ((leaving 2 inches from the top) 288 ounces (~ 2 1/4 Gal)
produces 30- 60 ounces daily
20 liter (5 Gallon) measures 12 x 12 x 14 High
Brewing Capacity ((leaving 2 inches from the top) 448 ounces (~ 3 1/2 Gal)
produces 45-90 ounces daily
50 liter (13.2 gallons) produces 128 - 200 fluid ounces daily. Produce a Gallon or more a Day !
24 high x 19 x 19. Comes with cloth cover, wood spigot, sterilizing and conditioning kit and complete directions.
Brewing Capacity ((leaving 2 inches from the top) ferment 1,280 ounces (~ 10 Gal) that may produces One Gallon of Brew Per DAY !
Choice of Spigots
We offer your choice of Spigot:
1. Standard: Wood with Metal Inserts. Popular with our Beer and Whiskey friends. Has the look and feel of all wood, with a faster flow rate than the all wood. Free. No additional charge.
2. Wood with food grade plastic insert. Offers alternative to the metal insert and a faster flow rate than the all wood. Food Grade Plastic.
3. Plastic Food Grade Plastic.with silicon washer. offers the fasted flow rate. Best if you are always in a hurry. Another advantage is it clogs less often
4. All Wood. Nice and Sweet. Have to have more patience.
5. Stainless Steel 305 grade Stainless Steel with food grade silicon washer. Plus stainless steel filter. Fast Flow and looks good.
Choice of Tops:
1. Cloth with extra large rubber band
2. Cork. Cork may swell and form a air tight seal - but not always especially when taking off and on often.
3. Oak Wood top. Looks great, keeps out most bugs but not air tight.
see DETAILS (Above TAB) for Warranty and Additional Information
(Tab next to Description, Below ADD TO BAG /Add to Wishlist)
On Heating and Temperature Control.
Wood naturally insulator and keeps the ferment warmer. Ferments will give off a few degrees of extra warmth in its natural fermentation process. You can then expect to be a few degrees warmer than the ambient (outside) room temperature. If your ambient temperatures are below 68F then consider our 25 Watt Heating Panel (seen below in our Related Products) WE offer a variety of Heat Pads but this is the only one we recommend for Warming Wood Barrels.
At this time our Kombucha Tea is the only know cure for EBS.
- Oak Barrels