Heat Mat Thermostat Jump Start
This digital thermostat is an electronic temperature control device that allows you to select and maintain optimum temperatures. Has an easy to read dial setting (color coded) from 68 to 100 F. Equipped with two LED lights. One shows the power is on and the other that current is flowing out to the heating pad. If the “heater” is on for more than 5 consecutive hours this would indicate that desired temperatures are not being reached. Or it's pretty darn cold out there! This unit along with our Heating Pads or Heating Mats are only designed to raise the ambient temperature 10-20 degrees F. The temperature sensing probe is contained within a suction cup that sticks onto the side of the fermenting containers.
We recommend the Seedling Mat (9 x 19.5) which is set at 17 watts for warmer climates and for cooler ferments in the 60-80 temerature range.. This cooler range works well for people who keep their homes warmer and for adding just a bit of warmth to kombucha tea, some yogurts and kefir and also for seedlings and Sprouts like Wheatberry Grass. Our Blue Heating Panel (11.5 x 11.5) is set at 25 watts and is suited for colder climates and for ferments in the higher range. 80-110 F. Most yogurts are in this range in the range and kombucha tea and kefir and wines and vinegars. Ideal situtations depend upon the volumne of the ferment as well as the area exposed to evaportion and ambient temperatures.
Our heat mat thermostat is digital for greater accuracy.
Water resistant stainless steel temperature probe
- Digital temperature controller for heat mats
- Provides constant optimum temperatures for specific crops
- Controls temperature in colder or warmer environments
- LED mode indicator lights; 3-prong grounded plug
- Compatible with all heat mats
- Controllable range from 68 to 108 degrees Fahrenheit
- Celsius or Fahrenheit read-out (press Up or Down button to change)
- Max current: 8.3 amps / 1000 watts
Place probe down into the rooting area about 1”–1-1/2”.
Position thermostat up and away from seedling trays and stray water. Do not submerge.
Plug Heat Mat into thermostat.
Plug in thermostat power cord and set maximum desired temperature.
PROGRAMMING THE CONTROLLER
To adjust the temperature setting, press and hold ‘SET’ button for 3 seconds to enter the temperature selection mode; press the ‘5’ or ‘6’ button to adjust the temperature. Press ‘SET’ button again to select the displayed temperature as the target.
Press ‘SET’ button to display the preset temperature; current measured temperature will be shown when no button is activated.
To change unit display press and hold ‘6’ button for 3 seconds to display in Celsius. Press and hold ‘5’ button for 3 seconds to display temperature in Fahrenheit. The appropriate indicator LED will be lit.
When the unit is plugged in, the “POWER” LED becomes lit, the heat mat is on only when the “HEATING” LED is lit
When the preset temperature is reached, the “HEATING” LED will turn o , and there is no power to the heat mat.
• If the thermostat remains “on” (delivering power to the heat mat) for more than 5 consecutive hours, this indicates desired temperatures are not being reached. To achieve higher temperatures the mat may need to be placed on a more insulated surface. Covering the seedling tray with a humidity dome will also aid heat retention.
• Do not immerse controller or probe into water.
• Thermostat has an automatic safety shut-o if probe’s temperature reache 108 í_F.
• Do not exceed a total of 1000 watts of heating devices plugged into the thermostat.
• A probe holder with suction cup is provided in case there is an application
where air temperature is being controlled by a heating device.
GUARANTEE: The Heat Mat ThermostatTM is guaranteed to the original owner for one full year against defects in workmanship and materials. Save your receipt. A copy is required for all warranty work. Return to the place of purchase.
IDEAL TEMPERATURE CHART
The ideal temperature is crucial to growing strong, healthy plants. Excessive temperatures (too cool or too warm) will result in poor quality growth.