Complete Kombucha Brewing Special Oak Barrel
Our Complete Kombucha Oak Barrel Brewing Special includes:
1. American White Oak Barrel Medium Toast. This is simply the very best method for brewing Kombucha Tea (or beer, wine, cider, vinegar, whiskey, Ginger Beer, Jun, Water Crystals, pickles and vegetables). For kombucha it adds a slight buttery taste, mellows harshness, filters undesirable elements, eliminates toxins, while the tannins in the oak, the wood sugars and the breathability of oak adds complexity and character. Oak surpasses all other containers to create the best ferments and something to be proud of.
2. Kombucha Mushroom Starter Culture. Our Brettanomyces Kombucha Mushroom Culture (SCOBY). This unique yeast ferments very well in oak. Additionally this yeast does well in higher temperatures better suited to the kombucha's gluconobacter bacteria that produces the beneficial acids that make kombucha so unique and healthy.
3. Good amount of liquid Starting Kombucha Tea (typically one + cup per gallon)
4 Comes with Standard Wood Spigot with Metal Insert.
5. Cloth Cover and extra large rubber band
6. Includes a free sample of our Organic Black & Green Tea. Enough to get you started.
7. Sterilizing and Conditioning tablets.
8. Our 68 page Kombucha Brewing Guide
9. Full support and unconditional success guarantee
Choice of Spigots
1. Default: Wood Spigot with Metal Inserts. Popular with our Beer and Whiskey friends. Has the look and feel of all wood, with a faster flow rate than the all wood. Free. No additional charge.
2. Wood with food grade plastic insert. Offers alternative to the metal insert and a faster flow rate than the all wood. Food Grade Plastic.
3. Plastic Food Grade Spigot with silicon washer. offers the fasted flow rate. Best if you are always in a hurry. Another advantage is it clogs less often
4. All Wood Spigot. Nice and Sweet. Have to have more patience. as the flow rate is slower.
5. Stainless Steel 305 grade Stainless Steel with food grade silicon washer. Plus stainless steel filter. Fast Flow and looks good. Premium spigot
There are two FILTER OPTIONS
a) Racking Cane Filter - all food grade #304stainless steel
b) Barrel Filter - stainless steel mesh and food grade plastic
Setting up your new American Oak Barrel please see DETAILS above
If you decide to return your purchase - for any reason - you may do so within 90 days.As long as the product is returned in good condition we will refund your purchase price. We are the only store to accept returns on Barrels (or Glass) ! We do not pay any shipping costs.
At this time our Kombucha Tea is the only know cure for EBS.
Additional Information see our Online Library for Kombucha FAQ, Recipes,
Continuous Brew Guide, Step by Step with pictures
Place in an area that will allow for some leakage (like in the tub)
Push in the wooden spigot. Add a few light taps with a hammer.
or if using the plastic spigot the washer may go on the inside or outside. Hand tighten only be careful not to overturn and strip the plastic not.
Fill 75% with warm water. Avoid getting the outside of the barrel wet. Black spots may appear. Rinse off with vinegar and dry.
Leave for 48 hour, util any leaks stop and the wood has properly swollen.
Next, drain the barrel and flush it with clean water until water runs clear from the barrel.
Then add the camden tablets. One tablet per gallon
Swish and around so it comes in contact with all the interior of the barrel.
Drain the solution,
rinse the barrel well .
You are now ready to fill with kombucha, Ginger Beer, Japanese Water Crystals, Water Kefir, California Bees, Tibicous or your favorite ferment.
Please check out GrowlerWerks Beer Science: Force Carbonating HomeBrew step by step instructions and technical help page.
NOTE: We guarantee our barrels against initial leakage and damage. The barrel is expected to swell and not to leak upon following the directions above. Damage after is not warranted. The TOP, has been cut open. This does not affect the integrity of the barrel, but may cause wrapping and create an uneven surface. We do not guarantee against this type of wrapping. The pieces themselves may be removed. Such removal will not violate the integrity of the barrel. The barrels may discolor, become black on the outside. This is normal. Thee is a food-grade varnish that may be used to prevent this. However we have found the majority of our clients prefer all natural and do not want any ingredients leaking into their brew. The barrel should be filled and maintained at 75-80% level.
Note 2: the interior of the barrel should ALWAYS be moist and should not be allowed to dry out. A dried out barrel will leak. If you decide not to use the barrel, fill with water, cover and set in a clean cool area. Add campden tablet (one per gallon) for storage, or add a few cups of vinegar. If possible maintain the water below a pH of 4.0.