Complete 1 Gallon Glass Kombucha Starter kit
Our Complete 1 Gallon Lead Free Glass Kombucha Mushroom Starter Kit
We believe this is the very best price available anywhere on the internet.
Includes; everything you need to make great kombucha tea just add water.
* Blend of our Organic Black and Organic Green Tea for a balanced Kombucha Tea. Enough to get you stated.
We have a huge selection of Tea's, Medicinal Herbs and Spices available. We have personally tested these for kombucha compatibility. Based upon my clinical experience and studies of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine, (licensed California Acupuncturist and Herbalist,) I have noted the unique healing properties of each in the hopes of better serving your personal health goals - or just to enjoy a rich personal and rewarding taste.
* Organic Sugar
* One Gallon Glass Brewing Jar
* Cloth and rubber band
* Our 3 rd edition of Kombucha Brewing Booklet. 77 pages of tips, recipes, problem solving and bottling tips.
Unconditionally Guaranteed to produce a healthy Kombucha Mushroom Tea the very first time.
* Our Extra Large SCOBY (Jumbo by internet standards) measures 6 inch across by 1/4 inch thick
Your choice of any of our Organic Kombucha Mushroom Starter Cultures
Know what's in your Kombucha SCOBY Culture.
Chateau Kombucha. is wild bacteria and yeasts fermented in organic sugar and our blended organic black and organic green tea. This strain travels well and enjoys the widest appeal. Produces a respectable apple-cider, slightly carbonated, refreshing Kombucha.
Brettanomyces (yeast); unlike typical yeast which stress out when its too warm, Brett is cool at 85F. This makes for a Great Summer brew. Another advantage is that both do well living in a wood home, such as in our Oak Barrels. Produces a Lambric style brew and when fermented in Oak has a mellower buttery taste.
Saccharomyces Boulardii This particular sub-species is new to Kombucha Brewing Not being mentioned in the early Kombucha Books as one of the main yeasts found in kombucha. This species is well known for aiding digestion and thus increasing energy. It starts fermenting fast and produces higher amounts of alcohol quickly. It slows at the end and does not completely ferment all the fermentable sugars
Torulaspora delbrueckii is a very unique yeast. One of a kind as it is strictly aerobic. Where other yeasts are anaerobic (producing more alcohol) when bottles and the oxygen supply is cut off, T. delbrueckii goes dormant. This yeast starts off slow but finishes more completely. T. delbrueckii creates a drier less sugary brew with lower alcohol levels. Some beer brewers will combine T. delbrueckii with Saccharomyces Boulardii to produce higher alcohol levels with less sugar.
Our own Kombucha-Kefir Hybrid according to research this combination produces significantly higher levels of D-saccharic acid 1,4 lawton (DSL) and glucuronic acid, acetic, lactic acid gluconic acid. Contains the specific lactobacillus strain found in Milk Kefir.
All our cultures contain the acetobacter bacteria species Gluconobacter. This bacteria produces the gluconic acid that makes Kombucha Tea unique. Acetobacter's like it warm. Above 74F and well into the 80's. They also like sugar, caffeine and alcohol.
Lactobacillus Additionally you can choose to add more sourness to your ferment. While typically kombucha is a Acetobacter ferment producing a sharper bite, (acetic acid) Lactobacillus (bacteria) produce's beneficial lactic acid and smooths the harsher acetic acid of the Acetobacter Lactobacillus ferments at cooler temperatures (60-90F) and also ferments without oxygen. More aggressive than Gluconobacter and may take over especially in low temperatures. Like yeast when bottled Lactobacillus will produce some alcohol. The taste, mouthfeel and health benefits are more noticeable.
Making Kombucha Tea is really simple.
Our Simple Recipe
Add the Kombucha Culture ,
set aside for 9-14 days, drink when you’re ready.
Our Complete Kombucha Kit is really complete. You don't need anything else. But as with every cook, brewer, fermenter, artist, hobbyists, DIY ers, more is better.
* optional Certified Organic and Premium Teas recommended for brewing great Kombucha tea with specific health benefits in mind. These are 4 ounce packages and normally will make up to 10 additional gallons of Kombucha Tea. These are premium quality. Of course you can brew kombucha with most any tea. Lipton, Red Rose, anything on sale they should all work well and have a reasonably good taste. But it really does not cost much more 1. to be healthy and 2. really have a great taste. Even spending $260 a pound for a exquisite fantastic tea it will still be about 1/2 of what you've been paying for in the store.!
* selected Herbs and Spices for extra taste and medicinal values.
Purchasing the Temperature Gauge or pH test stuff are discounted when purchased along with the Complete Kit.
* Stick on Thermometer. Keeps on eye on your brewing temperature. Our recommended temperature range is 74F to 84F. Below 74F your ferment is sluggish or non-existent. AT ~ 74F typical ferment is light and mellow. Like a Rose wine or Light Beer and ready in 14 days. At 84F your ferment is thicker and heavier like a Burgundy Wine or Stout Beer. Ready in ~ 9 days. Check out our online library. The Role of Time and Temperature in Kombucha Brewing.
* pH Testing. Kombucha starts off as Sweet Tea with a pH around 4-5. As the Kombucha ferments it becomes more acidic daily. Typically becoming a semi-sweet, semi-sour, slightly carbonated pleasant tasting sensation with a natural occurring pH typically in the of range of 2.5 to 3.5. You can drink the sweet kombucha tea at any point. It is up to you and your own personal taste preference. Don't think it has to be vinegar to be healthy. Our Kombucha 3.0 Brewing Guide is there to help you master this art. If you're planning on drinking your kombucha as soon as its ready or soon after the pH does not matter. However if you're planning on Bottling and saving for the future then we highly recommend to test the pH and be sure its below 4.0 at time of bottling.
pH range from 1-14. There are one hundred numbers between each number. Thats accurate to the hundredths. Only mad scientist need that accuracy. Paper strips are fast and easy and the least accurate. But good for the ball park. The more numbers between the numbers the more accurate. For example paper strips reading One number between 1-14 are twice as accurate (example 2.5) as those that only read the whole numbers. (for example 2). Our Digital pH meter reads to the tenths - ten numbers between the whole numbers (for example 2.01) and is ten times as accurate. And may last forever.
For fermenting and brewing the numbers from 2 to 6 are important. For personal (your own body pH) the numbers between 5 and 8 are important. We personally find the range from 2 to 9 to be most optimal for everything people will use pH for; Brewing, fermenting, water, plants, swimming pools, personal health.
To enhance the flavor and health check out our Kombucha Brewing Guide articles online
Is my Kombucha Tea safe to drink ? Kombucha Cautions and Safe Brewing article.
Look over our online gallery and with large images and descriptions of what to look for and what to avoid.
If you prefer Continuous Brewing a great start is with our Complete 2 Gallon (with spigot) Kombucha SCOBY Starter Kit
Ed and Sue Kasper
cell / text 919-518-3336
Toll-free support 888-425-8827,